Help is just a click or phone call away.
When your debt has spiraled out of control, it can be hard to find your way out. The endless creditor demands, hard work seemingly done in vain, ongoing struggles to pay your bills and the desire take care of yourself and your family, can all be overwhelming. We understand the stress and frustration you are going through and we are here to discuss the options that are available to you. There is no need to continue to suffer silently - you can take action today to improve your situation and get the fresh start you deserve.
Discuss your options with an experienced bankruptcy and debt law firm today
We will take the time to review your specific circumstances and determine your best course of action. We've briefly addressed a few issues below. If you would like more information please see our Common Bankruptcy Questions section, or contact us today for a free phone or in-office consultation. David Holland, an experienced attorney, will take your call immediately, or his assistant Ashley will set up a time for him to call you back at your convenience, most times within minutes. We are a small firm and we pride ourselves on giving our clients the personal attention they deserve. We proudly serve Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch & Port Charlotte and the surrounding areas.
- Chapter 7 - If you qualify, Chapter 7 bankruptcy offers a powerful solution to debt that has spiraled out of control. It cancels all qualifying debt and gives you the opportunity for an entirely fresh start. As some debts do not qualify for chapter 7, it is important you speak to an attorney at our firm for help determining if this is the best option for you.
- Chapter 13 - Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a common solution for those who do not qualify for a Chapter 7. It may also be a better option if you have non-exempt assets or are behind on your mortgage and would like to keep your home.
- Exemptions - Exemptions determine what property you may keep in a Chapter 7 and how much you must pay to creditors in a Chapter 13.
- The Means Test - The means test is a formula based on your income and expenses that determines whether you qualify for chapter 7 and / or how much your payments would be in a Chapter 13.
- Alternatives to Bankruptcy- If you do not qualify for bankruptcy or wish to pursue other avenues of debt management, there are many options available. Some of these include loan modification, debt negotiation, debt settlement and debt consolidation. Each has different advantages and disadvantages and our legal team can review your personal situation to determine which would be most helpful for you.
- Chapter 13 as a Foreclosure Defense - If you are faced with the threat of foreclosure, Chapter 13 may allow you to get caught up on your mortgage over three to five years and or modify your mortgage. It is also possible to "strip" a second mortgage if the house is worth less than the first mortgage.
Helping You Pursue a Brighter Future
At David Holland Law, we feel strongly about providing reliable advice, effective assistance and affordable rates. Our lawyers offers a free consultation and have affordable payment plans available. Our legal team is thorough in their approach to your case and will help you to make informed decisions to improve your situation. We have addressed hundreds of bankruptcy cases and assisted many more individuals with alternatives to bankruptcy. We believe in creating strong attorney-client relationships and attorney David Holland will personally assist you throughout your case. Our dedicated legal team stands by to help you however we can.
If you are struggling with your debt, contact David Holland Law today to work with an experienced bankruptcy attorney. We offer a free consultation over the phone, in our main office in Bradenton, or by appointment in Sarasota, Lakewood, or Port Charlotte so you can learn about the options available to you.